Prompt: Think about the vocabulary words from Lesson Two. Write about a time you saw or heard one of these words outside of the classroom — maybe in a movie, song, social media post, or book. Describe how it was used and whether the context helped you understand the word better.

Prompt: I first heard the word donnybrook while watching a sports highlight show. The announcer said there was a real donnybrook after two hockey teams started fighting on the ice. From the tone of his voice and the chaos in the clip, I could tell the word meant a wild fight or noisy argument. Seeing it used in that situation helped me understand it much better than just reading it in a vocabulary list. Now, whenever I hear donnybrook,I immediately think of a big, messy brawl.

Summary: We completed 2 exercises with our new vocabulary.

Reflection: I learned what stentorian.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a truth you were afraid to accept.

Prompt: Reflect on your research topic and identify the most compelling issue connected to it. Clearly explain what the issue is and discuss why you find it particularly interesting or important. Support your response with specific details from your research.

Prompt: How has completing the annotated bibliography changed or clarified your understanding of your research topic? Discuss how your sources connect to one another and how they are shaping your argument moving forward.